Where quality counts for a lifetime!

Please visit our new website at EFWinspire.com !

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

A review of DeWalt's planer

I never though I'd see DeWalt make this mistake...

Recently, working with a friend of mine, we had to surface plane some cedar.  He got out his DeWalt planer, since my Ridgid planer is in the shop.  We started planing, and I said I would "catch" on the outfeed.  Well, DeWalt has their planer setup so the "exhaust" comes out on the same side as the exit for the piece.  This means the guy catching gets plastered with sawdust and shavings!  All other planers, including my Ridgid exhausts out the side.  Just my take on their planer - a definite design flaw.  Here's a picture of Fred-o feeding in pieces and me getting plastered with debris...




No comments: